Friday, June 13, 2008

A Dedication Post To: Mr. Joshua Berry

A year ago, when you told me you would "be there for me through it all", I never knew just how true those words would be. And you were. In ways never fathomed or dreamed, you became my life, my love, my confidant, my friend, my husband..Long before Mason was born, you were already his father. Playing with each other, his little limbs pushing up at you and you pushing back, nights on end. Enough to make me crazy at times(the two boys making mommy crazy ALREADY!!:))But I knew it was only the beginning of a beautiful relationship that would only grow stronger with time...


Then finally,we went to the hospital to have Mr. Mason Joshua. You did so great, holding my hand and encouraging me. Then he arrived. I will never forget your face while you were holding him. So proud, so loving, so true. You were a father, his father, and back then, I knew you would be a great daddy, but I didn't know that you would be the best father I have ever known or seen..





Since then, 4 months already, you have astounded and overwhelmed me with your patience, humor, excitedness about every little new change, and just pure love toward your son and toward me.







I once heard a quote that is so applicable to what you do day in and day out-"the best thing you can do for your children is love their mother." And you do, so very much, and I want to thank you for that. I plan to spend the rest of my life honoring and respecting you for all that you've done for me and our son. We love you with all of our hearts, Daddy and we pray your 1st Father's Day is a very blessed and special day!
LOVE,
Mommy and Mason

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An amazing story of love that could only be scripted by a Great God! God Bless your family, we love you.

Jayna Rosentreter (Berry) said...

You both deserve eachother, we are all so happy for you and everyone can't wait to see you and meet you and Mason.

Unknown said...

Que rico! God is good and continues to provide beyond what we can think or ask for. We're looking forward to meeting your family soon. Fricanoes? m&k